Thursday, June 12, 2014

Our {normal}.


I was at Bunco last week, and one of the gal's there asked "What do you do for fun?"

I think I replied with "We breed cows".

And that's the truth - we really do enjoy breeding projects. 

But as I thought about my response more, I wondered if it sounded ok.

And then I realized;

It only has to be ok with me.

Clint and I are at a point in our lives where we are trying to work as hard as we can, to accomplish as much as we can, while still remaining sane.  Sometimes that means we don't get to do a lot of {fun} things.  We don't go to movies, we don't sleep in, we don't travel for fun, etc.  But that doesn't mean that we aren't having fun while we're working.

  I don't mind being honest that we're trying to achieve a few things so that in 25 or so years when we retire; we can enjoy it.  I don't want to be working when I'm 70.  Heck, I love my job, but I don't want to be working for FSA when I'm 60!  I want to be spending time doing {fun} things like traveling the country.  Maybe we'll own a motorhome and travel around breeding cows.  Maybe we'll own a ranch, and run our own cows.  Maybe we'll do whatever the heck we feel like doing, because we can.

But to achieve that, I know that right now we have to work hard towards achieving those goals.

Because I don't see someone with a silver spoon hanging around at our house.

Does the balance get thrown off sometimes?
Yes.
Do we not get enough sleep each night?
Probably.
Do we sometimes we lose our tempers with each other?
Yes, not often, but it happens.


 
But being busy and having a lot of things on the plate is normal for us - and I imagine it may be normal for you too.

It's just that our normal may look different than your normal -

I'm trying to juggle how to feed a crew after breeding cows, while you're trying to figure out how to feed a hungry family and kiddos after a long day at work and school....

I'm trying to balance my job at work with ranch life at home, and you're trying to balance your job with family and after school sports and PTA meetings.

While the scene may look different, the point is still the same;

We're all trying to do the things we love, surrounded by the people we love & cherish.

So let's cheer each other on.

Let's let grace overflow.

And let's forget about {normal} and just do things with {love}.

Let's keep living the dream.

Because success is reason enough.

3 comments:

  1. I love this!!!!! And you! Cheering you on ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have people question all the time why I don't have a family and think I must have so much free time because of it. My life is crazy, just like someone who has a family, it is just busy with different things like volunteering, working, etc! LOVE this post! I am cheering you on my friend!

    ReplyDelete

May you and your day be successful!